18 January 2008

In the studio: Franzypants news.

From Billboard.com:

"The idea of making a dirty pop record -- this is what has been on our minds," Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos tells Billboard.com of the band's ongoing studio sessions in Glasgow. A new, as-yet-untitled album is expected from the group this summer via Epic.

"It's the opposite of punk/pop, which took something that was wonderful and removed all the dirt," Kapranos says..."For me, the imperfections are what makes it perfect, like the cheapest, shittiest guitars through practice amps."


More here.

Kapranos also said in this interview with Rolling Stone that "I suppose we’re heading back to the idea of dance music. It’s more of a dance record than a rock record."

I've always thought of Franz as a dancerock band regardless, though I suppose You Could Have It So Much Better was more rock than their self-titled debut was.

In any case, I'm glad they've headed back to the studios. It's been well over two years since YCHISMB dropped and over a year and a half since the last time I saw them live. It'll be great to hear some new tunes this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment