22 December 2008

Sounds Like... : Hot Chip and Peter Gabriel cover Vampire Weekend, oh my.

I'ma just jump on the posting bandwagon with this one and point out, like pretty much everyone else, that Hot Chip and Peter Gabriel went and covered Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" (This feels so unnatural / Peter Gabriel, too).


Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Hot Chip & Peter Gabriel

I'm not sure I like the lyric change all that much - I think it may have been cheekier to just have sung the song as is, granted it must be weird to sing out your own name. Regardless, over all, I think it's a lovely cover. It doesn't necessarily take the song to any new "places," which is usually the mark of a great cover, but I think it's interesting enough to warrant attention.

(Which, ya' know, VW aren't getting enough of, considering it's "Make Top 10/20/50/100 Lists" season, and we all knew they were getting nods circa January.)

No comments:

Post a Comment