26 October 2007

The Spice Girls have a new song out.

Okay, this may kill any kind of indie cred that I have, but I don't care- I have been a fan of the Spice Girls from about the age of 12, and I am so SUPER EXCITED about this reunion tour and about the fact that I am ACTUALLY going to the Meadowlands gig. One of my biggest regrets in life was never having seen the Spice Girls in concert when they came through with the Spiceworld tour, so now (or as of 14 February 2008) I can scratch that off my list.

Anyway, one of the new songs, "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)" on their upcoming Greatest Hits record was leaked. (Um, I guess it makes sense to release a greatest hits record for a reunion tour, although really, the only had two records. Okay, three, and I really like Forever- I think it's a more mature pop record than the first two- but really, at least over here in the US, most people stopped paying attention after Spiceworld. Though I guess if The Killers can release a b-sides record after two albums, the Spice Girls are entitled to a greatest hits record.)



Buh. No like. I mean, it's obviously a "look at us we've reunited and you're allllll going to pay attention to us and pay us loads of money to come to our shows and buy our stuff and of course we're going to make headlines I mean we're the Spice Girls" sort of thing, which I guess is to be expected. I just think it's super boring. And to be fair, they did the same sort of thing with "Right Back At Ya" on Forever, and I didn't like it then, either.

There's a clip for another song, "Voodoo," on YouTube as well:



Err. Not feeling that one so much, either. "Get up and use your voodoo,/Get your booty to the floor"? Hmm. Maybe not. I think they need to fire whomever's writing their lyrics.

Ah, well, here's to hoping for some more interesting stuff down the road! In the meantime, my favourite SG song:



I'm off to dig up some old b-sides...

Edit: BAHAHA apparently the Spices are now Tesco's new holiday season spokeswomen. That amuses me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment