24 December 2007

Holiday songs: 17, 18, 19, 20 December

I owe you songs! I'm so not good about keeping up with this. Have I mentioned that I'm working in retail over the holidays? I think I did.

We'll split this up, because I don't feel like posting eight songs all together.

So let's go with a "love sucks Christmas songs" theme, because I'm feeling that a bit right now.

First off, coming off my post about The Long Blondes' upcoming record release and UK tour, here's their 2006 Christmas single, "Christmas is Cancelled."

Stood by the fire place, you look ridiculous
You can't just come and stay here like you did last Christmas
You know what you did wrong,
and Christmas and Christmas well Christmas is cancelled this year


The Long Blondes - "Christmas is Cancelled This Year"


Christmas isn't Christmas without Elvis, so here's "Blue Christmas" for you. (My copy cuts off about two seconds too soon, dunno' why.)

Elvis Presley - "Blue Christmas"


When I was about 12, not only was I super into the Spice Girls, but I was in looooove with Hanson as well. Does this surprise any of you? It really honestly shouldn't. My friend posted yesterday that the Hanson Christmas record is really underrated, and I have to agree. Here's their version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)."

Hanson - "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"


And lastly, probably my favourite overplayed Christmas pop song:

Mariah Carey - "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

I'm a girl. I grew up in the '90s. What do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment