04 August 2008

Monday Morning Mux : Please Please Please.



So it's time for a new Muxtape, because while I really enjoyed the last one, it's been up for about two months, and I like new things.

This mix has been floating around my iTunes for a few months now, inspired by a conversation on life and love and the ensuing frustrations and never getting quite what you want and, of course, the Smiths tune, but also the various other songs entitled "Please Please Please" that have nothing to do with the original.

I was going to write some inspired commentary on, well, life and love and the ensuing frustrations, but I think I'm just going to let you listen without saying much, as I don't feel up to the task. Suffice to say that each of these songs begs "please let me get what I want" in some way or another, whatever it is that the antagonist wants, whether in the title or not.

Tracklisting:
[1] The Smiths - "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want"
[2] The Lashes - "Please Please Please"
[3] Shout Out Louds - "Please Please Please"
[4] The Beatles - "Please Please Me"
[5] Head Automatica - "Please Please Please (Young Hollywood)"
[6] Math & Physics Club - "Darling, Please Come Home"
[7] The Weepies - "Gotta Have You" (It doesn't seem like it fits. But I feel like it's asking the same thing as the other songs.)
[8] OK Go - "Please Please Please" (Smiths cover)
[9] The Redwalls - "Thank You" (Because it would be remiss of us to ask "please" and not say "thank you.")

My muxtape can be found here.

Got any more suggestions? There's room for more on the list, and I'm not sure I'm 100% satisfied with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment