12 September 2008

Stuck In My Head : Arrah and the Ferns, "Science Books"

So the world is going to end soon. Apparently. Or so I'm told. I didn't know anything about this whole particle collider business until a few days ago because I really stopped paying attention to really sciencey things when I finished AP Bio junior year of high school. (I really wanted to be a meterologist when I was little. Or an astronomer. True story! Look where I am now - teaching English. Ha.)

Anyway, a couple of months ago, somebody turned me on to Arrah and the Fern's first (and only) record, Evan Is A Vegan, and it's been getting heavy rotation 'round these parts. "Science Books" is just brilliant.

Arrah and the Ferns - "Science Books " [link]

As luck would have it, the band split up back in March, but I like what I hear from Arrah's new project, Woodlands, based in Philly. Yay.

Is this what you thought you'd be listening to as the world came to an end? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment