17 June 2009

Tally Hall to play ON A BOAT with April Smith, and I'll miss out.

So the world seems hell-bent on preventing me from seeing Tally Hall this year. So far, I've missed their Mercury Lounge show because I was too dumb to realise I could have parked somewhere that would have allowed me to take a later train back from the city. Last Friday, they played at the Bell House in Park Slope, and I missed that, too, because I thought it was on Saturday night and also I was at Northside.*

Now, they're playing a Rocks Off Concert Cruise show on 8th July, aboard the Half Moon, which is a Wednesday night and would be fantastic - if I weren't going to be in Florida that week. Bah!

More details :

Wednesday July 08th 2009
Rocks Off Concert Cruise Series
TALLY HALL
APRIL SMITH AND THE GREAT PICTURE SHOW
* ROCKS OFF CONCERT CRUISE - Aboard the Half Moon
* 7pm boarding / 8pm departure / 11pm return
* $25 adv / $30 day of show
This cruise is onboard the HALF MOON and will depart from Skyport Marina - 23rd & FDR Drive (EAST side). Boarding will begin at 7pm and the cruise will depart at 8pm SHARP. Don't be late - it ain't pretty to be standin on the dock, watching the party sailing away!

More information is here. For the record, I caught the last two songs of the amazing April Smith's set at the Cameo Gallery for Northside (for which Ross Federman of Tally Hall played drums, making it the third time this year I've crossed his path, including earlier that day on Bedford Ave. and at the OK Go show at MHoW where I was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HIM and couldn't figure out where I'd seen him before - one day I'm going to actually go up to this kid and be like, "I see you EVERYWHERE" and then realise how creepy I sound), and was wholly disheartened that I didn't see more. Seriously, check the girl out.


*Speaking of Northside, I have three days of coverage to, um, cover, but my notes are currently stashed in my brother's iPod Touch and the photos in my other brother's Rebel XT. So when I get both elements I'll be sure to get that posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment