06 December 2008

Stuck In My Head : Grand Archives

WHO ARE THESE GRAND ARCHIVES KIDS AND WHY ARE THEY SO GOOD AND WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO THEM 'TIL A MONTH AGO??

(I feel like I ask myself that question often. About various bands, anyway.)

Anywhoo, so yeah, Grand Archives are Mat-Brooke-formerly-of-Band-of-Horses's new band and their LP The Grand Archives came out in like, February on Sub Pop, blah blah you all know that or maybe you don't.

But seriously, someone recommended "Orange Juice" to me for a mix sometime in October and that track and "Miniature Birds" seriously have had dangerously heavy rotation. I'm not sure what "dangerously heavy" is, but whatever it is, this is it.

Grand Archives - "Miniature Birds" [link]
Grand Archives - "Orange Juice"

Pitchfork has a few demos posted over here.

Grand Archives will be playing at KEXP Yule Benefit at Neumo's, Seattle, WA on the 12th.

You can't conquer a world that's always been good to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment