12 April 2009

Check This : We Were Promised Jetpacks

If you recognise the name We Were Promised Jetpacks, then there's a good shot it's because you were at SXSW last month, as they were, too.

I, however, was not, so I stumbled upon them via Waved Rumor, which I rediscovered via my overcrowded inbox. (I pay attention to your emails, I swear! I just forget to, ya' know. Follow up.) Anywho. I like the sound of the a-side of their debut single, "Quiet Little Voices," out 4th May on Fat Cat Records with the b-side "Let's Call This A Map." Let's!

We Were Promised Jetpacks -

The band's debut record, These Four Walls, is out in June. In the meantime, you can see them live. If you live in the UK.

1 May - Hinterland Festival - Glasgow
14 May - Great Escape Festival - Brighton
15 May - Great Escape Festival - Brighton
9 June - Cabaret Voltaire - Edinburgh
10 June - Doghouse - Dundee
15 June - King Tuts - Glasgow
16 June - Night & Day - Manchester
17 June - Bodega - Nottingham
18 June - Lexington - London
19 June - Cockpit - Leeds
20 June - The End - Newcastle
28 June - Outsider Festival - Rothiemurchus – Cairngorms National Park
24 July - Wickerman Festival - Dundrennan

Are they putting something in the water in Glasgow...? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment