10 May 2009

New Tour Dates : Nightmare of You on a summer tour.

Man, so, Nightmare of You. I used to be so crazy about this band, but that's what happens when you get hold of a record you really really like and then it just winds up being ruined, unruined, reruined, and reclaimed in this weird, long, two-year emotional arc with a whole cast of characters and too many songs involved.

Um. Anyway. Enough about me. Last time I posted about them, they were in the midst of making some demos last summer for their upcoming sophomore effort, due out sometime this summer, none of which I particularly cared for (which is what maybe dampened my fire a little bit. A lot.). They've been up to some other stuff since then. Like...recording. And doing some touring on the east coast. And then doing a two-week tour of the UK in April. And now they're on the road with Alkaline Trio and Saves the Day.

They've also announced a summer headlining tour in the States, presumably in support of that upcoming record which I think I read drops on 21 June, but I can't tell you where I read that. Journalistic integrity, I has it! Dates below.

21 June - North Star - Philadelphia, PA
23 June - Mac’s Bar - Lansing, MI
24 June - Reggie’s Rock Club - Chicago, IL
30 June - The Bottleneck - Lawrence, KS
1 July - Marquis Theatre - Denver, CO
2 July - SHO - Salt Lake City, UT
5 July - Chop Suey - Seattle, WA
11 July - The Knitting Factory - W. Hollywood, CA
12 July - The Epicentre - San Diego, CA
13 July - Modified Art's - Pheonix, AZ
15 July - Rock Bottom - San Antonio, TX
18 July - The Door - Dallas, Texas
19 July - 516 Soundstage - Shreveport, LA
23 July - Crowbar - Tampa, FL
28 July - The Boot - Norfolk, VA
31 July - Mercury Lounge - New York, NY
1 August - The Crazy Donkey - Farmingdale, NY
2 August - Maxwell's - Hoboken, NJ

All dates are with Brian Bonz (currently supporting Kevin Devine on tour), Plushgun, and Ashua.

No comments:

Post a Comment